He slept beneath the moon
he basked beneath the sun
he lived a life of going to do
and died with nothing done.
1. As a kid, i was frustrated with mom's nagging over li'l things, like stop watchin' TV, atleast have a look at ur books, eat food on time - n i wanted to run away, i decided, thrice i left the house, but everytime after reaching few miles, i procrastinated the idea for next time.
Reason: My kiddisness
Outcome: 'Thanx to my smart mind which stopped me, else i wouldn't be here'
2. As a teenage, i wanted to do something unique, to gain attention from my peers.. i did got attention, but 4 all the wicked reasons. All the good reasons i thought of , i procrastinated.
Reason: Being Notorious is easy than being Studious
Outcome:'No regrets, atleast i got famous'
3. When i grew up, i just wanted to become somethin' , sometimes doctor, sometimes actor, sometimes businessman, sometimes teacher, painter, photographer, sometimes many a things at a time - i got so confused that i procrastinated every thing.
Reason: My intelligence, which generated my interest in every field, but only upto a limit.
Outcome: 'Still, the decision is in process, just few doors are closed'
4. When i fell in love, i was ready to do everything for her - everythin' has such a wide and vague scope that i didn't know what to do ExaCtLy. I procrastinated everythin', even proving that i truly love.
Reason: Ego or Ignorance, Look Still Confused!
Outcome: 'No comments Mr. Procrastinator'
5. Whenever my exams came i planned a schedule, from the time i was in Std.6th till date, which has never been followed, - Just another schedule was prepared within 24 hours until the exams got over.
Reason: I have a weak memory for studies, so last moment, was the best moment.
Outcome:'It always boosted my confidence, that if i can score decent marks without my even 10% effort, i can do wonders if ever i don't procrastinate my schedule, next time.. OMG, when will that day come'
6. I wanted to crack CAT(Not so Common Aptitude Test) when i was in college n get admitted in IIM. I procrastinated it n today i m writing it with a hope that i don't delay it one more year.
Reason: Confusion, n Graduation
Outcome:'I will be sittin' for next years CAT, if only.. I know i will crack it, Someday or next year itself'
7. I lost many of my valuable clothes just because i procrastinated to wash it on time.. Imagine a shirt being soaked in water for a week.. N everyday me sayin' will wash it tomorrow until some smells started bothering neighbors.
Reason: I am busy, have other imp work as well.
Outcome:'I know it sucks...I'll have to take care in this matter atleast'
8. I got conscious about my weight 3 years back, when i was denied to donate blood due to my underweight..
Reason: Did't had much time to cook, or to eat on time.
Outcome: 'I m still swingin' in 50's, hope to get in 60's league in few months'
9. Many of my ideas have been lost or not presented in my blog, just becoz.. I Procrastinated.
So, What i believe is procrastination can't be avoided, it completes me. On the contrary, there are few thing where we should make the habit of "doing it now"...else we can just regret it later. We should learn to accept responsibilities and take the charge. We can't always wait for things to happen, sometimes we have to make it happen. Someone who hasn't revealed his identity had said once -
“Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end you’re only screwing yourself. ”
I mean, after sayin' such a motivational quote how can anyone hide himself. lolz
Procrastination sometimes is termed as a disease, but it is also favourable at times. Else i would have left home in my kiddies. Would like to know any memorable experience with this habit of urs, if any and definitely the excuses or reasons u guys prepare. It tough to think of the excuses as well, ain't it? And as of me...